Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Finnish

We don't talk about our feelings.

Today we started talking about our core belief. For as long as I can remember, I have had the superstition that I can project my thoughts on others, so thinking in company can be nerve-wracking for me. Of course, my husband encourages this superstition by regularly iterating what I've been privately thinking after extended periods of silence... Anyhow, asking the why question makes me thinking of the little boy on the plane behind us on a flight to London, in the most adorable english accent, "but Daddy, WHY?"

Prior to that somewhat unnerving exercise, we had 3 reading facilitations. I did mine onthe second chapter of Wessells: Junipers and Weird Apples. I focused on the stone wall portion and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I took pictures of the bizarro stone walls on my property and we dissected them. Thanks to everyone for being so patient with me!

We also picked our project groups- GO TEAM BARRINGTON NAVIGATORS!!!

1 comment:

Eleanor Abrams said...

Hi Elaina,

Your dry wit enlivens the course for me. I can see how as a former engineer you might have some anxiety in a class that asks you to verbalize how you feel. I can't imagine an engineering professor asking that kind of question. I have enjoyed watching you think about some of the ideas that arise in group discussion. I swear I can see the cogs of mind moving. Maybe you are right about projecting your thoughts into other people's minds.