Monday, July 23, 2007

Chipper

After a great weekend, I am excited to be here. I'm well-rested and I've finally settled into a good routine. I know what to bring in the morning. I can make it out the door in time. To my surprise... maybe shock, I've found all the connection/relaxation techniques to be invading my personal life. I've realized that I have lost my center in the last decade or so... perhaps longer? In any case, I feel as though I've seen or noticed more wildlife in my personal time in the last 2 weeks (despite the distinct lack of personal time) than I have in the last six months. It might be my imagination, or the time of year. Whatever the case, I was treated with a visit from a hummingbird who sat very still while I watched her this weekend.

I spent a good deal of the weekend working on my pedagogy, which I know needs a lot of work, but I'm a re-writer, so I was trying not to stress about it too much. The upshot is that I've really begun to question my personal motivations and choices. I hope this doesn't send me into identity crisis mode. We'll see.

Or group project roles along and I am completely energized by the idea that someone might ACTUALLY be able to use our work. That is the most rewarding part of this process. I've always been the one who says, "but WHY am I doing this." I will always be that way, so this project is much easier for me. And it emphasizes my weaknesses and gives me practice at doing lesson plans!

No comments: